CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What a day......

I'm probably too tired to blog and should take my sorry pants to bed, but I feel a need to tell you about our day. First off, let me preface that I'm exhausted--there's absolutely no motivation left in my soul. I will have to pry myself off of this couch in a moment to wash my face and brush my teeth before the head hits the pillow.

So what did we do today you might ask? Well let me begin by saying.........Kick-off for Story Hour was on the schedule. It has a 9:00am start time which makes for a bit of a hectic morning. I went to bed last night with the wish to attend. I knew the girls would enjoy the carnival themed festivities and boy did they ever! The party was filled with clowns, skits, games, face painting, coloring activities, and even a professional balloon artist!

Maura and Sophia had a splendid time and I felt a bit of satisfaction in arriving fed, dressed, and only 5 minutes late (I actually arrived make-up less with a ponytail, but there's always next time).

After about an hour and a half of smiles and carnival cheer, we departed town to rush home to "bed down" sweet Sophia. Today's 1st nap was a necessity due to afternoon pictures that were scheduled to occur right after lunch. So while Maura watched a little TV, I ironed the girls "picture clothes" and placed them carefully into the laundry basket. I then gathered a few toys, snacks, and different items to use/or not use at the photographer's discretion during our shoot.

Next was lunch. Simple PBJ and grapes for Maura and a grilled cheese with applesauce for Sophia. I ate the leftovers and chugged a cup full of water before our first "at home clothes change". (Please note that we must be loaded and buckled in van in 20 minutes).

Maura was nominated to go first but with stern warning to keep herself clean, presentable, and to leave her shoes on. {Side note: Big sister is horrible about taking shoes off right before we leave....we then waste time re-discussing which shoe goes on which foot and so on} I'm happy to report that she complied with my threats and looked adorable. Next up.....Sophia. She always seems to "do her business" at the most inopportune times and of course today was no different. After catching her, I wrestled her to the ground, changed the mess, put some lotion on her, and dressed her in record time.

Now off to the van. I loaded the girls first and then carried the overstuffed laundry basket, diaper bag, my bulky purse, and blankies on the second trip. I came back in one last time to spend 30 seconds in the bathroom with myself before I buckled my own seat belt.

AHHH....it's now my turn to determine our music selection (relaxing music is key to aid my high strung self back into some since of normalcy). Our drive was an estimated thirty minutes which went rather smoothly. It was filled with Maura's usual 50 questions which my ears have grown use to and me gazing back at Sophia and smiling. She's an angel in the van and is able to entertain herself by looking out the window.

We arrived exactly at appointment time which I declared a "mommy miracle". The rest of our afternoon was filled with a 2 hour photo shoot. I know this is where I lost all my energy. I can't retell the story with words to justify the experience, but just know that I think I must have repositioned Sophia 100 times and spent the majority of time pleading with Maura to "smile" and simply look at the camera. I also did my song and dance routine on numerous occasion to capture someone's attention. In between all of this were clothes changes, hair touch ups, and more insanity.

Two things in life that I wish men could experience. One, is of course childbirth and my new #2 is having annual pictures made. Well I don't mean to complain....but again I will be sleeping like a rock tonight. Once the photos are posted via the Internet, I will invite you to view them. This process takes couple of weeks.I'm sure we captured some nice shots. Sweet dreams everyone!

2 comments:

Name: CRUSHAS "R" US

Thanks Anna for the work you did preparing the kids to get their pictures taken yesterday. I wish I could have seen my three girls in action, I'm sure it was a sight. The blog looks great, thanks for the time you spend on it. I hope people realize how much work it is to keep it up to date.

With Love
Your wonderful husband Gary

Amy

Your kids are adorable. Thanks for sharing.
Amy