
Up next...Turtle Hurdle Race 2008!
I'd like to preface that we were quite worried that we would be turtleless come Saturday morning at 10:00 AM. There were absolutely no terrapins in sight for days. Come Thursday afternoon, I was getting desperate. I had all of my co-workers and Gary had his entire football team on the lookout for a hard-shelled racer. But still no luck.
Thankfully, Uncle Monty spotted one on the road for the kids to share. They simply recycled the same turtle and didn't know any different. Too bad he wasn't a go-getter. But in all honesty, it really didn't matter, at least we were able to participate.

Logan and Olivia yelling Go! Go! Go!

As you can tell by the referee, this is a BIG deal! The trophies are at least 3 feet tall and all of the kids get 3 bucks just for participating.

Lane 14 was our guy-again he didn't win but we sure had fun trying.












0 comments:
Post a Comment