CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ultrasound

Well I found out I'm still pregnant! :) I had our final ultrasound this past Friday. Amniotic fluid level is great and she's weighing in at 7 pounds (+/- 14 ounces). Conditions look favorable and I'm dilated. Gary got to meet our new doctor for the first time--I really love Dr. McCall and hope she's the one who delivers the baby. So now we're just playing the "waiting game".

At this time of the year, I can't help but think of Mary on a donkey traveling to Bethlehem, and then to find out once she arrives that she will have to birth and labor in essentially a "cave". As tradition recalls it, we've been taught to picture more of a barn/stable, but after traveling to Israel several years ago, our tour guide took us to the hills just outside of the city to find shepards tending to their flock and in view were several small caves that were "more than likely similar to the place where Mary had to deliver". Again this is what our tour guide told us and I believed him.

With that said, I must admit that even if things get tough in these last days, they can't be as bad as what she had to endure. What responsibility and joy she must have felt in delivering us the "Savior of the World".

On a lighter note, Maura and I made white chocolate covered pretzels with sprinkles today. She plans to hand them out tomorrow to her preschool classmates along with individual cards that she helped assemble. It's nice to see how proud she is of her labors.

Gary fixed some of the Christmas lights outside that had went out or needed some tweeking.

Then this evening we drove around our hometown to view the lights. Thankfully, we were warm and toasty in the van. The weather has changed drastically in the last 24 hours and it's currently sleeting outside.

We'll contine to keep you posted on our baby details.

0 comments: