CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Gretchen's here!

It has been a week since we welcomed baby Gretchen. I started having contractions at 5:30 in the morning on Christmas Eve and told Gary that it was time to go have a baby. I was pretty emotional on the drive down due to the anticipation of labor and delivery. Our first accomplishment was that we made it to the hospital in time(we live about 1 hr 1/2 away). After examination, I was admitted immediately. I didn't know who was "on call" from our doctor's office, but I was pleasantly relieved to find out that it was Dr. McCall. When I saw her smiling face walk through the door, I knew everything was going to be okay.
Shortly after she arrived, I sang her "Silent Night". I had just had a shot of staydol and Gary informs me that I was acting a bit loopy, but I think I would have done it even without the meds. It was a precious moment.

She weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces and was 19 inches long and is just precious!

In Pa Pa's arms.
She has quite a bit of dark hair...more than Maura or Sophia had.

Gary, the baby, and I were in the hospital on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and then came home on the afternoon of the 26th, so we missed out on the typical Christmas functions. My parents took Maura and Sophia to all of the festivities and we heard they had a ball. They also brought girls down to the hospital to see the baby on Christmas which meant so much to us...we were missing them terribly. Thanks Mom and Dad for everything that you've done and continue to do. You've helped us so much and we love you!
Here's Maura holding the baby. She adores her and has been so gentle and loving!!

2 comments:

Julia Callahan

Congratulations on the birth of your little one. Love the name-- I can't believe you could be full-term pregnant, make and decorate a gingerbread house, have 2 other little ones running around and still keep your sanity! You are a trooper. Your family is beautiful. We are very happy for you. You look great, as always.
Love, The Callahan's....Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

vlove

Val, Brooklyn and I are looking forward to meeting Gretchen. We are planning to come visit the weekend of the 10th. Can't wait!!!