CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Preschool haircut!


Maura has already attended three days of preschool and loves it!!!
Gary and I wrestled with the idea of sending her about a year ago. We've felt that she would excel with a more structured learning environment. Maura is a sponge and loves to learn (just her memory alone amazes me everyday). So we are pleased to announce that this has been a positive change!
She attends school two days a week and reports "Mommy, it's such a good time!" Gary says she super excited on the drive each morning--it's obvious because she's smiling ear to ear. Once there, her teachers greet her at the door and then have her wave goodbye to daddy (Maura has never been one to have separation problems--thank goodness). Her schedule is very structured which I love and her teachers report that she's picking things up great!
I was super shocked to hear that she took her nap on her first day (I was a little worried). All of the kids go down for nap at the same time. Lights are off and soft music is played. She takes her own pillow and blanket and sleeps on a cot--and again she did it! So far she's made 2 cool crafts and is always eager to share what she's learned from "circle time". All of the kids have been very welcoming and she's making lots of new friends.
We are very proud of her and we'll keep you updated!

0 comments: