
Another year bites the dust...
I turned 31 yesterday and it didn't bother me one bit. Thankfully, my body still feels the same. ( That's kind of a funny statement considering I've been pregnant my last 2 birthdays). I spent yesterday morning with the girls and Gary. I was treated to a special breakfast in which Maura made the eggs. She loves to use the whisk and crack the shells. Then I escaped for the afternoon for some "me" time.
I first met my parents and brother at one of my favorite places where we enjoyed a delicious meal and then some light shopping. And at the end of the day I enjoyed a fabulous pedicure and manicure. How lovely! I'm still in search of my birthday gift. I wore myself out trying to find a new pair of outdoor shoes (Teva's/Merrells/or something). Zappos.com sounds much simpler.

I should also mention that my thoughtful mother made a tasty birthday cake to have during the intermission of a busy and hot Visitor's Sunday at the "Toad". She made a cool cake which is a big hit with my family--it's called Hawaiian Delight. Gma Bettie, Pa Pa Cecil, Uncle John, and Gary drove out with the girls. What a nice surprise! Thanks guys!
Gary and I are in the process of getting the bags packed. We are taking the girls on a mini vacation to Branson. Hopefully we'll have some cooler weather to enjoy. I think I would prefer rain over the dreadful heat that we've been having. I'll share pics when we get back.












0 comments:
Post a Comment