CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sisters


Here's a glimpse of Sophia's little smile. I didn't catch it in time, but she has two dimples that are so sweet. She loves her butterfly rattle that lights up and laughs when you move the wings.
Maura really cares and loves to play with her sister. Just this afternoon, I was giving Sophia a bath upstairs, and we were finishing up (putting on clothes, lotion, etc) and Sophia was crying. Gary heard Maura say, "Here I come Ophia. I will save you." So here comes Maura running up the steps to check on us. Another example, Sophia was sitting up on the couch and Maura was on the cushion next to her. I was in the kitchen and encouraged Maura to talk to Sophia. Maura then asked, "Ophia, Like my shirt? Has teddy bear on it." I just smiled--it is so nice to see them interacting. Here's a fun shot. Maura planting a zerbert on Sophia's belly.
And then there are other times, that just make us laugh. Gary and I were in the kitchen earlier and when we walked into the living room this is what we saw.

Hmmmm....I wonder who could have put the Christmas tree pole on Sophia??? :)
I'm sure she had something to do with it.

Speaking of tree...our house is a wreck right now. I have started putting it together. It is quite a job. I figure if I work on it a little each night then I won't be as overwhelmed (our tradition is to put the ornaments on it on Thanksgiving night). I use to always insist on a real tree, but for the last 2 years I have settled for an artificial tree. It's not the same, but it works. If we have time, we might do a cedar tree outside and decorate it for the birds.

I am so excited for the holidays...I can hardly wait.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

0 comments: