RaCe DaY!!
This picture was taken on Halloween 2009. Location: Tulsa Oklahoma. Time: 9:00 in the morning. What a wonderful day to think back on. My sister and I accomplished a goal we sought out to do in June. We tackled 9.3 miles (15 K) and I will admit it is one of the toughest things I've done thus far. On race day, I felt decent, not wonderful but better than average. It was a beautiful morning for a run and man did I run. Go MAMA Go!!
Over the past 5 months, I've actually completed 4 races. Two 5Ks (Run to the Lights at Silver Dollar City and an Olde Glory Days run in Clinton, MO), a relay marathon which consisted of a 7 mile leg in Kansas City MO (sponsored by Waddell and Reed), and 9.3 miles at the Tulsa Run. The picture above is of some of my get up (I couldn't locate everything).Taken on Halloween morning. WE did it!!
Liz, ME, and Jessa (Liz's friend)
Good times!!
I thought I would include some of my must have running gear. This 12 ounce water bottle really came in handy during my long runs. When you're gone for an hour and a half run, you must stay hydrated. This bottle was perfect for that. It never felt heavy and it had a small pouch on the side that stored my cell phone.Very cool!! Name brand: Amphipod

Here are my FAVORITE shoes of all time. I just love SAUCONY's. They are so COMFORTABLE and fit my feet perfectly!! They make me SMILE!! :)
And lastly, when you're running, you'll need some nice socks with a smidgen of cushioning. I prefer Balega. Again Fantastic! I also had a nice sports bra from Target, but I'll not disturb you with that post. ;) No really, to those of you who are runners, hopefully you'll appreciate all of my "must haves".I feel like I've got my Mo-Jo back. I LOVE TO RUN!! I started to enjoy during my college years and kept it up pretty good, but here lately all I feel like I've been doing is having babies. And don't get me wrong that's a good thing, but I finally feel like I recognize my body again. It's not perfect, but I FEEL STRONG, and that's enough for me.
{Sidenote: Ugh! So sorry my sock pic ended up getting deleted. If you want more info and/or a picture just leave me a comment.}












1 comments:
So true - running is so freeing, isn't it? I'm thinking about doing a 10K again this spring. I just went for my first run after having Hyrum. I went again the next day and will go again tomorrow. It's so fun. My pick for shoes are Mizuno Wave Alchemy's - they're great if you tend to have flat arches. Fun blog to read!
Post a Comment