CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Gretchen

We hope you liked the birth announcements. I have posted pictures of the girls and plan to write a little blurb about each of them. Seriously, it's about time, huh?

I'm predicting that Gretchen weighs eight pounds now. At our 2 week check up she had regained her birth weight plus 6 oz which resulted in a weight of 7/12 and had grown 3/4 of an inch. I can literally tell a difference in her everyday which is a nice feeling for a nursing mother.
I love how after meal she does the newborn stretch and will grunt and grimace if I try to end things to early. I think she resembles both of the girls, but again has her own look. She prefers the yellow miracle blanket which has been a lifesaver in hopes of gaining the perfect swaddle and she prefers to stay up until 11:00pm which makes me a bit sleepy, but I remember this with all of the girls. As long as I can keep her well rested during the day, she has been going to bed relatively easy. I'm a finatic about babies and their sleep (my dear friend Kristi loaned us many books in regards to this whenever Gary and I had misdiagnosed Maura with colic when she was 6 weeks old). Anyways, at all costs, I try to prevent an overstimulated baby in the afternoon hours. So far she is fairly easy to soothe and the overall sleep issue has been good. Last night was probably our best night yet. I fed at 11pm and she roused at 3-4 am to eat and then went back to sleep until 8am. If we can keep this up...smooth sailing! :)
I'll try to post some new photos of her soon. Again, she is doing well and is so precious and each day seems to get easier!

0 comments: