Maura keeps us on our toes. She is smart as a whip and very very verbal (I'm proud of that considering I'm an SLP but sometimes I'm like "Gee whiz girl give your mother a break?"). Futurely, I think she already has the perfect combination of the required "big sister" bossiness and compassion to be liked and disliked by her sisters.
She loves preschool and attends 2-3 days weekly. Her most recent academic achievement is mastering scissors. Her teacher Miss Tina has helped us with the skill tremendously. Something else to mention....Today we made a collage and while preparing to squirt the glue bottle, she said "Mom, we have to use a small dot of glue-not too big-that's what our teachers tell us at preschool." In my mind I was thinking "What a brilliant idea? Have I not told you that before sweetheart? (let me reassure you that I have many many times--Sigh?) Oh well, I can use all the help I can get.
Now that we have a van full of kids, Maura has officially moved back to the back seat. She wasn't sure she would like it back there all by herself, but now prefers it and says "Mom, I like how I can see everything now!" In other news, Maura is growing up so fast and reports that she'd like to be a mermaid when she grows up! Yes, I said a mermaid and no I don't know where this came from. :)
Her new favorite show on TV is the "Imagination Movers" on the Disney Channel.
She is very animated at nighttime and uses the fireplace as her stage. She usually serenades us with a familiar song that she modifies into an interesting arrangement. I make requests for boring songs, and she says "No, no mom I want to sing it this way".
She loves to visit her grandparents and is ecstatic when her cousins come for a visit. Speaking of cousins, they'll be here this weekend--How exciting!












0 comments:
Post a Comment