
At story hour this week, we enjoyed a visit from the local fire fighters.
They had the truck on display for the kids to view.

Maura was in a bit of a funk--refusing to have her picture taken or sit behind the steering wheel.
Sophia would've been all about it (she loves the van steering wheel). I thought about it, but realized that the journey up would have been quite a lift for a pregnant lady like myself.
I really think Maura's problem was that she was a bit fearful. At one point, the fire fighter was dressed complete with jacket, pants, hat, and his face mask/oxygen equipment (when he talked, he sounded a bit Darth Vaderish). The goal was to expose the kids to our friend the "firefighter", so if there would ever come a time that would not be fearful of them rather listen and come when they offer help.
Again, I think Maura needed some convincing.
And the siren was a bit loud too, so I couldn't blame her if she was a little uneasy.

Sophia was all about her hat. It was the nice edible kind. :)

There was an extra good showing of kids that day too. This photo op was pure torture. You'll notice our kids were absent from the picture.
We did have a good time though. It was a beautiful fall crisp morning and again we got to touch a fire truck-- How cool is that!!!












0 comments:
Post a Comment