I will admit....I'm exhausted tonight. I'm not sure why I'm blogging but it probably has something to do with those reappearing Easter baskets and the fact that my mind is still racing. I'm sure many of you have been thinking, come on Anna, get the blog updated already. No pics tonight, just commentary. Here are my thoughts....
The girls were incredibly hard to "bed down" tonight. It didn't help that Gary, Uncle Wayne, and Bob were downstairs screwing sheetrock to the walls. I must have soothed Sophia three times and gave up after the fourth. I decided to just bring her downstairs until the ruckus was over. I'm don't mean to complain, we are super excited to have the help, but Yikes, my kids need their sleep.
In other news, Sophia is busy saying "da da da da" and she is so close to crawling that it could be any day now. She also loves to keep us entertained with her tongue clicks. Maura is making gains in the area of toileting. We're so proud of her!! She is super sensitive with clothes these days. She is bothered by tags in her shirts, pants, and complains of her diaper "hurting her" (scratching and making her uncomfortable). This has led to Maura wanting to wear her tagless underware and attempting to use the potty, but rather than use normal measures, we are using a bread loaf pan that she selected from the cabinet. Sounds bizarre...I know, but trust me this is a huge step and I can honestly say that My DAUGHTER IS FINALLY READY! Oh and the m&ms are helping things along too! :)
Something else of note.. please refer to post labeled Metro Amish. I expressed that all of us left the wagon scene without injury. Well I need to amend this information. I think you'll remember my reference to my mom's shoulder being "very sore". Well my dear stubborn mother who refuses to go to the doctor (mind you, she's a nurse) found out today that she's been walking around for the last two weeks with a broken clavicle and dislocated shoulder. I'm sure most of you are wondering....what exactly happened to Grandma Marla?? Well let me just briefly offer that my mom protected and saved Maura that day and injured herself in doing so. Maura walked away from the scene without a scratch, but my mom has been in excruciating pain since the incident. Mom, if you are reading this.... I want you to know that words can not express my gratitude, but I want to publicly thank you and tell you I love you.
Okay.... now I feel better......I feel like the mind has stopped racing and the baskets will be gone. Sometimes, I'm grateful to have this blog because it serves as an outlet for my thoughts and it's a great way to wind down before bedtime. Goodnight everyone and have a great Thursday!
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment