
The girls are so sweet together. I'll list a few examples:
1. Bathtime is always a highlight! They lay on their bellies while pretending to swim. I love it when they suddenly stop--turn to glance over at each other--briefly giggle--and then simultaneously start to swim again. Usually, I regret ending things because they are having so much fun!
2. Maura insists on giving Sophia a kiss and a hug before she goes to bed at night. It's so cute because Sophia always smiles as she approaches her. Little sister has learned to anticipate the hug and kiss and seems to look forward to it every night. 3. And lastly at mealtime, the girls keep each other entertained. Sophia is usually the one doing most of the work. She's always bound and determined to grab Maura's plate, cup, utensils which Maura thinks is funny. I'm constantly trying to protect everything so we avoid a major mess. I could go on and on but would now like to update you on their individual achievements.
As of 2 weeks ago Miss Maura .......(drum roll please) is potty trained. Yes, you read it right...I said potty trained!
We celebrate everyday with high fives, words of encouragement, and I've personally done back flips across the floor. I will confess, I was beginning to feel like she would NEVER tackle this essential milestone, but once she was ready it was like *poof* (magic) and now it's no longer a big deal. Maura is elated and says, "I can do it all by myself." And Gary and I don't know how to feel with just one bottom to change.
Speaking of the other bottom here's Miss Sophia. She also has exciting news....(2nd drum roll). As of one week ago, she has mastered crawling (the right way). She'd been scooting, but now her efforts are more efficient and coordinated.
There's a whole new world to explore and is fascinated everyday.
Below is our cave trip. Sorry it took so long.













1 comments:
Congratulations and "My Hat's Off" to Maura and Sophia for taking some "Big Step's, From Pa Pa
Post a Comment