
This Easter was one for the record books. I'm going to offer a brief description of how we spent our Good Friday. My explanation won't detail every moment, but I think you'll get the jest of our chaos.
My entire family was home for the holiday weekend. Here we're loaded up on the wagon eager to head off to the west haybarn. Our tradition consists of an old fashioned wagon ride followed by a campfire luncheon and shoot out.
Things got off to a relatively smooth start on the pavement, but when we turned into the pasture, the road was muddy and the team of horses seemed to falter. My father tried to coordinate their efforts, however the horses became anxious and in an instant grew out of control. I knew things were getting bad when my dad yelled back and suggested that we develop an escape plan to get off of the wagon. Now let me preface that our runaway stagecoach was moving along. In a matter of seconds, things were becoming noticeably dangerous and scary. I should also preface that there were young children on the wagon which included our dear girls (ages 6 months and 2), along with my sister's children(ages 4 and 2), and my pregnant sister-in-law. And I should also mention that Liz and Steve brought a couple up with them who they've met through the Univ of Arkansas student exchange program. Jonas is from Sweden and Suni is from South Korea.
With the suspense now built, I will not be able to describe everyone's survival story, but I can with great relief report that with the exception of a few scratches and my mother's sore shoulder, we're all safe and sound.
Whenever we board the wagon, we've always jokingly refered to ourselves as "metro Amish" ----Never Again!
We were part of something bigger this day. I can honestly say that we were coupled in the Lord's hands and were miraculously protected.
In the midst of the chaos, I was so proud of how our family stuck together. We've always been close, but I think we became even closer this day. Love you all so much. Hope you enjoy the pictures and please don't share this story with Granny Bettie (she would only worry the rest of her life away). :)
Please scroll down to see the entire post.

After the wreck, we came home, gathered our thoughts, had the campfire luncheon, and the kids napped. Then later that afternoon, we opted for wheels rather than hooves to trek back to the west haybarn. Here is a picture of Olivia and Maura on the ride over. Maura is still sleepy.

Okay now for the good stuff. Gary, John, and Valerie are gearing up for the clay pigeons. Little Logan is pulling the string to release the orange targets.

Pa Pa Warren is helping Logan take some first ever shots from the 22.












0 comments:
Post a Comment