CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas

Gary and I hosted his family's Christmas this year on the 22nd. We had 31 people over for lunch. We would like to especially thank his mom and Heather for arriving early to help prepare the meal. We've decided that we could do it again next year.

Christmas day was spent at my parents. I hate to say it, but I don't have any shots of our annual gun extravaganza (our camera batteries were dead). Dad hitched up the team of horses to the hay wagon and we were off to the west haybarn. Once there, everyone helped gather wood while the boys got a fire started. Before we knew it we were enjoying hot dogs on a stick and smores for our Christmas meal. Then the guns start smoking. I know this is a bizarre tradition, but it is our fourth year for the annual clay pigeon and target shoot contest. I'd say Gary and my sister are the best shots....sorry Dad, Chas, Steve, and John....just stating the facts. I myself don't get into it that much, but I did shoot the 22 a couple of times. I missed just like every other year. Everyone makes fun of me--It's fun!!! We really enjoy getting away from everything and enjoying each other and nature. We sang Christmas carols on the wagon and recalled favorite Christmas memories.

That night Gary and I returned home with the girls and had our Christmas. Even though we were about celebrated out, our evening at home was just as intimate and special. Christmas has always been my favorite holiday, but now with the girls it is even more special than I could have imagined.

And the Crushas hope yours was just as Merry. Goodnight everyone.

0 comments: