CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Breakfast in bed



Someone in our household received breakfast in bed for his birthday this week. I think it was a hit because he told me "thanks" at least 3 times for my efforts.


(It should be noted that the tray was a gift that I had purchased for our family's Christmas gift exchange. I tend to buy something that I hope I go home with. This year it worked!)



Anyways, back to the birthday boy--Gary has always contended with having a birthday right after Christmas. So I told him that every year that it is possible, we will use the 26th as a clean up day and then spend his b-day without the haze of the holiday.

Later that evening......just about to blow out the candles and make a wish.


Mom and dad watched the girls for us on the following day. We traveled to Springfield and enjoyed a nice meal alone, some light shopping, and a movie. Gary wanted to see "I am Legend" with Will Smith, so we did. Holy Cow! What a trip. I am a major pansy when it comes to movies and I'll just let you know I had my eyes covered and ears plugged for about a 1/3 of the movie. It should also be noted that Gary and I ended up having to sit apart during the movie (we even got there 15 min early but the place was packed). That didn't work too well considering we had ordered a jumbo popcorn and soda, but it really didn't go over too well considering all of the suspense. I needed Gary to protect me during all of those scary parts. Just go and see it, you will find out what I mean--Holy Cow! Holy Cow!


Despite the movie that kept me up that night, Gary and I had a fantastic time. Just the simple indulgence of a peaceful day was greatly appreciated. We have been enjoying our time off from school. I kidded him. He has it pretty rough. Every year he gets his birthday off... what a beautiful profession we both have.


I'll try to take a pic our our new additions--their names are Cocoa and Shadow. We are also beginning to talk about those new year resolutions. Wow 2008, it's going to be great!



0 comments: