CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Teaching via Resurrection Eggs

Well I'm really bummed that a couple of photos in this post are cock-eyed. I've tried everything with no luck. Our goal this Easter is to de-emphasize the Easter Bunny and to teach the girls the events leading up to the crucifixion of Christ. We are having a mini lesson each night to serve as a count down to Easter. So far we've finished Monday and Tuesday and the girls are LOVING it. I would highly recommend doing this project with your youngsters. If not this year, then set a goal to do it next year. I find that children are so willing to learn if only I take some time to prepare.
I purchased this plastic dozen of eggs for $1 and wrote numbers on them in permanant marker.

Each egg holds a certain object that represents an event or portion of the Easter story.



This will be a bit hard to follow. Sorry. Look in the above picture #1 will be the palm leaf, #2 small bar of soap and piece of towel, #3 muffin tin with red sprinkles, #4 3 dimes, #5 small toothpick cross and nail, #6 small round stone, #7 empty egg, #8 bandaid and tiny Bible.

One egg is to be opened each night leading up to Easter Sunday. On Saturday we are going to have 2 eggs (1 to open in the morning and then one to open in the evening).


Last night we opened the #1 egg which held the palm leaf. Our summary and message was as follows:


"Jesus traveled with His disciples to Jerusalem for the Feast of the Passover, and He entered the city riding on the colt of a donkey. Large crowds of people gathered to honor Jesus. They spread clothing and palm branches in His path. The people rejoiced and shouted, "Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord" (Mark 11:9)."


I found this information here which includes a fantastic gospel art picture.


http://www.lds.org/hf/art/display/1,16842,4218-1-2-66,00.html




0 comments: