Maura and I just finished making valentines for her preschool party tomorrow. Making something homemade may sound like too much work, but actually, it was super simple, cheap, and we were so pleased with the final product!!! I'll explain how to recreate this activity for you to try with your little ones at home.
First, gather all of your old crayons (we did buy one box which cost around 75 cents) then peel off the paper. At first Maura thought it was a little strange that I was giving her the "okay" to do something that she's not routinely allowed to do.
Next, break the crayons into small pieces and place them in a heart shaped muffin tin (we bought this one at Walmart. It's actually made out of silicone). Click on the above picture to see all of the bright colors up close!
Place your tin in the oven for around 15 minutes. Oven temperature should be set at 250 degrees. In the above picture you'll notice how all of our crayons melted--melted wax is want you want.Then let the hearts cool and harden. They should be ready to remove from the tin in about an hour and a half or so.
This is what the final product looks like--we loved how each one turned out super unique and isn't the color just gorgeous?
Lastly, cut out paper hearts. Use scotch tape to secure the wax heart to the paper heart. We also chose to include the message "Valentine, you color my world."
This may be may all time favorite activity that I've done with the kids thus far. I think if I was 3 again I would be delighted to color with a huge crayon filled with a rainbow of hues. And oh my goodness, I can't tell you how excited Maura is to give these to her friends tomorrow. What a huge success!













1 comments:
Very cool Ana! When I was little we used Reese's Peanut Butter Cup liners to do this.
Post a Comment