
Sometimes I wonder why we don't live in Springfield. We've been there 4 times in the last 10 days and I'm beginning to feel like a truck driver. With Gary's surgery and follow up appointments, we've been busy! Here's a shot on the drive down yesterday. Check out Gary crutches and manual scooter in the picture. Foot is also elevated--his doctor would be so proud.

Major happening of this appointment: staples removed (all 17) and a fancy new ski boot was fitted. It's suppose to aid in stabilization and reduce swelling. He still has to stay completely off it, but were told this is progress. The pain is lessening and he's beginning to decrease the meds. Still not sleeping that great, but at least he doesn't feel tired during the day.

In the van waiting for prescription at Walgreen's.
Totally changing gears........
Guess what? Sophia Grace finally has a tooth! Whew Hoo! I was beginning to wonder if she would need a set of dentures. :)
Also wanted to share that last weekend we kicked off the 4th of July with some festivities in our hometown. There was music on the square, a small carnival, and fireworks at nightfall. We debated on whether to go, but we were bound and determined to get the kids out of the house. (Gary and I were needing some fresh air too). First of all, it's a major accomplishment to get the car loaded these days. I'm the only pack mule in the house and it takes me awhile. Once we arrived we then had to figure out how to get everything unloaded (lawn chairs, blankets, stroller, daddy's scooter, etc). Unbelievable, but we made it in one trip! We headed to a shaded spot on the courthouse lawn. Gary sat with his foot up the entire night while I took the girls back to the carnival midway where they behaved beautifully. We checked out all of the rides, but Maura was insistent that she was only going to ride the carousel. She thought the alligators were too fast and the alpine slide was too high. I didn't mind that she was playing things safe considering I also had Sophia Grace in either the stroller or my arms for the evening. After four or five motorized pony rides, she then spotted the bouncy house. It was kind of hard for the kids to miss with that large plastic giraffe on the top. Maura loves to jump and she would have stayed there all night if I would have let her. Sophia and I waited patiently while she smiled from ear to ear and bounced to her hearts content. We then enjoyed an orange push-up for a treat (hadn't had one of those since I was a kid) And of course we periodically checked in with daddy who reported that he'd been busy answering this question "Geez.....What happened to you?" At the end of an enjoyable evening of music and some Indian dances, we watched a fantastic display of fireworks. Neither one of the girls were scared.. Sophia was so tired by this point that she was just mesmerized and Maura continually asked if there was going to be "more momma?". I patiently replied, "yes sweetheart there will be more." It was a beautiful evening and I was just so tickled that we did it and enjoyed it! Some of you will know what I mean. I guess this surgery thing is making me feel like I'm already taking care of 3 babies. Maybe the Lord's preparing me for whats to come. :)
Okay well Happy fourth of July everyone! We are planning on having a casual day with some swimming, a meal at the Toadsuck, and then shooting off a few fireworks with family. If I have some hands free, I'll try to take a pic or too. :) Goodnight all!












0 comments:
Post a Comment