CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Look what I made!


Maura and I found a terrific puppet kit manufactured by Martha Stewart at Walmart recently. It included 5 animals that were easy to assemble and pre-cut with adhesive. It was a super enjoyable activity for our upcoming 3 year old.
Just look at that 3-D snout and the kit also included a curly tail (very Martha Stewart huh?)

Sophia wanted to help, but was encouraged to supervise instead.
Maura's favorite was the frog and I chose the bird.
Something else I wanted to mention...we came across a fantastic new program on PBS this week (Channel 21 on our TV). It's called "Super Why" and I was SO impressed! I don't know if my explanation will do it justice, so I looked at the show's website. It states, "A breakthrough preschool series designed to help kids ages 3-6 with the critical skills that they need to learn to read (and love to read)." I would suggest going to pbs.org online and typing in "Super Why" to find out more about it. Maura loves it and was totally emerged throughout the entire episode. Sidenote: I try to limit our television viewing to 1 hour per day and this has become Maura's #1 request. Oh yeah, it comes on at 2:30pm--Hope you check it out!

0 comments: