CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

She enjoyed checking out daddy's fancy outfit and I'm happy to report that he managed himself fairly gracefully (I was a little worried about the crutch/dress combination).

So what does all this mean?

Gary's officially eligible to further his career as a principal. We're not for sure when that day will come, but at least he's qualified. For now, he's perfectly content coaching football, NO let me rephrase that -he absolutely loves it!!!

Again we are so proud of him!!!




Changing gears a bit......

Along with her sister, Miss Sophia Grace adores the cats. Her birthday is coming up and I'm entertaining the idea of a cat theme. I'm going to try to find invites tomorrow. We'll see what I come up with?

She also has a third tooth. I feel kind of bad. I was probably a little too slow in introducing table foods. Tonight for supper she had pieces of green beans, peaches, and pears and did beautifully. We have witnessed 8 steps in the last couple of days. She works so hard on walking and is making improvements everyday.

I can't believe how big the girls are getting. Maura is totally portable now and Sophia is such a trooper. I stepped out of my comfort zone and took them to the zoo this past week by myself (Gary couldn't go because of football camp and our zoo passes were about to expire). I was elated with their behavior and questioned why I don't have more confidence in them at times. Anyways, it was a little warm, but we took our time and had a splendid day. The giraffes and monkeys are our favorites and once again they didn't disappoint.

One other motherly confession... With the heat we have been trying to come up with fun options for our kids. Gary decided to keep Sophia at the house (she still needs 2 naps) while Maura and I went to watch the movie Wall-E in the theater. This was her first big time movie and I personally enjoyed taking her because she ended up sitting on my lap for at least an hour of the show (She's so petite that the large theater seat was a bit too bulky for her tiny frame to keep open). With that said, I was overcome with emotion while holding my oldest daughter and watching her enjoy a first time experience. Wow.... I love my girls and husband SO much!

0 comments: