CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kansas City Marathon Relay

Yes you squinted correctly, that's me on the far right with a medal around my neck!!
I ran with a group of 4 other women (1 gal is missing) in the Kansas City Marathon this past weekend. Our team was comprised of women who are mostly employed where Gary works. My dear husband heard they were looking for members to run and/or walk and thought I might be interested in helping their TEAM. I decided to join them and participate in my first ever relay event. Each person was responsible for a portion of the marathon. I RAN the fourth leg and my distance was 7 miles.
I felt great and GAVE it MY ALL!!
Loved the course, the scenery, and the bands/cheerleaders along the way.
[Stay tuned for postings of my upcoming race. My sister and I have been training since summer to compete or rather complete a 15K run in the Tulsa Run on Halloween.]

1 comments:

Sleepless Sabra

I ran Hospital Hill in that very same location. I miss KC SO much. And I love running there - so many hills, it's such a great workout. What fun!