CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Dear MOMMY!!

Another year older, another year wiser. I really do feel like the past year has been a major transformation for me. I feel like I've been stretched to the limit, but in an enlightening way! When you have three small children, it forces you to spend more quality time at home. It helps you focus on the important stuff and that for us is --OUR DEAR FAMILY!
We love our girls...all 3...so much!
WE love how our lives are super busy and productive. We love how our house is loud and are thankful that we can still hear each other. We love how Sophia gives the best kisses. We love how Maura uses intellectual words. We love to hold Gretchen and secretly wish that she doesn't grow another day older.
LIFE here is GOOD!
And I'm THANKFUL!
So with all that said, I'm okay with getting another year older.



Gary and I had 6 hours to ourselves on my b-day. We did some light shopping and had a fabulous meal that we didn't have to prepare. Later that evening, Gary and the girls treated me to a fun birthday celebration in the comfort of our own home.
Obviously, more blowing was required this year!
My mom dropped off a yummy strawberry delight cake.

So nice and refreshing on a hot summer day!



Loved the bright color candles, all 32 of them!

I received several lovely cards, but wanted to share a special story. See the card on the far right (yellow with birds). Maura picked this card out especially for her mommy. It was a musical greeting that she'd picked out "all by herself". To be honest with you, it wasn't truly appropriate, but I didn't care. It was perfect in my eyes. I guess she thought I would be a sucker for the birds and Gary knew she loved the song that it played. I guess he tried to direct her to something more appropriate, but Maura was adamant that this was the card for me.
It's so nice how things left imperfect are sometimes more memorable than if they were perfect!!! :)

I had a divine day!!! Thanks everyone!!

3 comments:

Julia Callahan

Happy Birthday!!! We're both a year older and hopefully progressing as mommy's and women of God. I love your blog. It's been over 2 months since I've looked at anyone's or done my own, so I had a LOT to read, but have loved it. You're an inspiration to me. You do so many activities with your family--I have no energy. You have a huge garden, go boating and have fun outings together. You look happy!! And I'm glad. I need to learn from you and also try to "be slow to anger" "enjoy the little things each day" and "dance like no one is looking and laugh with my kids". :0) It means a lot to hear that. I don't feel so alone in the world.

Anonymous

I think I've finally figured out how to leave comments without an account so I'll try and do better! Hope you had a great birthday!

Anonymous

Oh, that was sarah