CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mission Accomplished!


I am smiling ear to ear to report that we did it! For those of you who don't know, let me explain myself. On Saturday morning, Maura and I attended the 29th annual Polar Bear run in a nearby town.

Considering I have just recently got back into running, we opted for the 1 mile family fun run. I ran while pushing Maura in the jogging stroller the entire way. Maura and I ran neck and neck with another mother and little girl who was maybe 4 or 5 years old. The young girl was all decked out in pink-- I mean pink hat, pink coat, pink everything. After the race was over, Maura and I were talking and I asked her if she would like to run with mommy someday. And of course she said, "uh-huh". And then all on her own she asked me, "Wear pink momma?" I couldn't help but smile and say "Yes sweetheart, you can wear pink." All of the proceeds from the race were donated to the Strong Kids Financial Assistance program. So it was extra cool to have a fun day with my daughter and to help out a great cause.
Pic right before the race--Maura enjoying a light snack.
Maybe someday Gary and Sophia Grace can come too-- It was kind of chilly so they missed this trip. Hopefully there are many more races in my future to come. Slowly, but surely, I hope to increase my mileage. For now we are pleased with this small accomplishment.

0 comments: